Monday, February 6, 2012

diagnosis: benign!

just wanted to update you all, but i got my biopsy results a few days ago:  the nodules are benign!  YAY!  the probability of it being 'benign' were high, so i'm grateful i'm in that percentage.  i just have to do follow-up exams and tests within the year.  my neck feels much better (actually, no pain now) and i'm able to go back to my regular activities.  i know some of you have been asking and praying for me...i am grateful for that! a hearty thank-you!

3 comments:

  1. Have you used cold ice pack for first 30 minutes after procedure? (This practice has been recommended in the past for deep injections to iminimize pain and swelling).
    BTW I am impressed with your cooking and decorating skills; very few modern women can do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did use a 'cold pack' (more like a bag of frozen peas since i had no ice in the freezer and not had planned to have the biopsy that particular day) after the FNAB. thank you for your kind compliments. i don't know if my cooking exactly tastes good, but at least i can take pictures of it!

      Delete
  2. Well, a picture of the cake shown at your other blogpost shows that this product requires more then the ordinary cooking skills!
    Also after I re-read your “biopsy” post about the nodule disappearance and subsequent come back I could speculate that this can be due to the ultrasound machine frequency shift (it can picture an inflammation like a nodule and vise versa!) therefore it is better to do all ultrasounds at the same machine or the machine that has been calibrated by the same standard (pardon my engineering language). Also CT scan without iodine contrast is not very reliable tool to look for the nodules.
    This is why I would really appreciate your efforts of writing up about your experience!

    ReplyDelete